Flights to Cape Verde
Let us call you!
Special Fares on Call
5 Interesting Facts about Cape Verde :
- Cape Verde is named after Cap Vert, which means Green Cape in Senegal, the westernmost point of continental Africa.
- The country boasts as West Africa’s highest standard of living as a result of its stable political and economic system.
- The population is made up of a good mix of African and Portuguese heritage.
- Cabo Verde is the 3rd largest nesting site for Loggerhead turtles and it is illegal to capture turtles which are endangered species in the country, between June and February.
- Only a tenth of the land is suitable for agriculture. The soil is good but the production of food is hampered by the lack of water and the legacy of the inefficient land tenure system.