Flights to Zimbabwe
Let us call you
special on call fares.
5 Interesting Facts about Zimbabwe :
- Zimbabwe is one of the few African countries that is home to the Big 5 animals – namely, the Lion, Buffalo, Rhinoceros, Leopard and the Elephant.
- Did you know that Zimbabwe has five UNESCO World heritage sites; these are Khami Ruins, Great Zimbabwe Ruins, Victoria Falls, Mana Pools and Matobo Hills. Now that’s a good reason to come and visit.
- For a small country, Zimbabwe has quite a number of people groups (tribes) as a result the country has 16 official languages – namely Chewa, Chibarwe, English, Kalanga, Koi-san, Nambya, Ndau, Ndebele, Shangani, Shona, Sign Language, Sotho, Tonga, Tswana, Venda and Xhosa.
- The Victoria Falls (Mosi-oa-Tunya), a hydrological feature found on the Zambezi River is a natural resort shared by Zimbabwe and Zambia. This impressive waterfall is one of the 7 Natural wonders of the world. Fun fact – you get a better view from the Zimbabwean side.
- Zimbabwe used to be ranked as one of Africa’s most literate countries and in a 2011 UNESCO Report, it was estimated that 83.6% of the population was literate.